P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

A Rambling Update and an Inventory of My "To-Read Shelf"

I haven't read any of my blogs recently that I'm subscribed to.  I've been so busy with end of year things at work that I just have so much to do and then when I'm done with work I've either hung out with people at my place or had some function I need to go to that has left me with little time for things like blogging, knitting or reading - which is sad! I mean, I absolutely love all the time I've been spending with my friends, I really missed them during NaNoWriMo, but a night at home spent in tidying up the place and getting to bed early would be phenomenal!

There have been a few nights that I didn't get to bed because there was a Wii party.  Dear LORD if I had ever realized that the way to get guys was to be super into video games, I would have been doing this a long time ago!  (Okay, not really, but the idea IS funny!)  Video games are guy magnets.  What's even more fun is that my girl friends are getting into coming over and playing it too, so I'm even more excited about it since it provides a fun, interactive game me and my friends can do.  I got a special on the DDR 3 game and the extra dance pad, so we'll hook those up tomorrow hopefully and have a blast!  Yes, people are already slotted to come over tomorrow, LoL.

The other thing this week was the tv show Sing Off, for which we got together to watch and be excited over.  That was fun!  Unfortunately the finale is Monday, which is the Book Club Christmas Party.  :( 

I have bought a ton of books recently; my to-read shelf is overflowing!!!  I need to read some of these, and quick.  First up will be The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan which will be a movie soon and my brother wants to read, so I need to be able to give it to him in two weeks time.  It doesn't look like it'll be a hard read, so I imagine I'll be done with it by the end of this next week. 

Here's the inventory of my to-read shelf simply because I want to share what I'll be reading: Two books by Christopher Moore, Fluke and Practical Demon KeepingFluke I've had for ages but haven't made it through the first chapter.  I bought Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan because of an article on the Opera book club site; I can't recall the exact reason, but it was impacting enough I stared it in my little notebook.  I have Stephen King's On Writing, which is slated for me to read once 2010 rolls over to mark completing some of my 2010 goals.  I'm slowly gathering the Robin McKinley books to read during 2010 and so far I have The Outlaws of Sherwood, Spindle's End, The Blue Sword, and The Hero and the Crown.  There are several of hers I still need to get, but I'm taking what I can get at Half Priced Bookstores until I have to buy them new.  I also have The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson for some odd reason; again I read something, somewhere that said this was a good book to read - and I bought it.  Foundation by Mercedes Lackey, an installment of the Heralds of Valdemar world has been taunting me for about two months so far as well as Mistress of Dragons by Margaret Weis.  I have two graphic novels by Alan Moore, V for Vendetta and Watchmen; the former I really want to read, the latter will probably be skimmed over and sold off relatively quickly.  I found the first book in a Young Adult series by Garth Nix, the author of the Abhorsen Trilogy; the series is called The Keys to the Kingdom and the book is Mister Monday.  And that's it for now.  Gail Carson Levine's book Writing Magic has been ordered and I have yet to see anything on it's shipping; starting to get antsy on that one.  I'm going to borrow The Lovely Bones from Amanda to read as well... I need to get to reading!

I have started writing a small vampire piece; probably a short story young adult piece by how it's looking.  still struggling with how the main plot should go, but there are some great elements to it I'll enjoy writing yet mock myself for somehow falling into part of the current fad of vampires.  I should make them angels; angels are the next hot thing, duh!

And now, I will go read some of The Lightning Thief and sleep.

0 thoughts:

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List