P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

In the land of the 50K

I did it.

Last night sometime between 11:30 & Midnight I reached 50K, and in the most beautiful section of the book.  Granted in order to write that bit I had to turn on a mushy movie and channel the romantic - which I am not.  I have not a romantic bone in my body, I think.  But I feel so very excited and happy to have reached this milestone in the NaNoWriMo month.  My glee is of course short lived because I have 100K more to write, and I'm only nearing the last chapter of the first section of the book.  That's the next milestone!

I think tonight I'll take it a bit easy; watch a movie or two and veg and just relax and GET TO BED EARLY! I need sleep - like a full nights sleep.  I'm so very sleep deprived that it can't be good.  I'm thinking I'll make a celebratory steak dinner, Amanda's supposed to come over, might invite some other friends and just have a nice, relaxing night!

Tomorrow it'll be back to the grind, not that I won't be writing today during lunch or after work for a bit.  Every little bit helps!

This week looks something like this:

  • Tonight hang out and have fun with friends.
  • Wednesday, eek out 5K and volunteer at church
  • Thursday, hammer out 5K, go see movie with my mom about some mountain biking race that Lance Armstrong entered on a whim. And they made a movie about it. Yeah.
  • Friday I'm not so sure, but but I'll probably park it at a write-in and write until I want to stop.
  • Depending on what happens with the family, I could be volunteering at church in the media or else attending the Night of Writing Dangerously (NOWD - all night writing event starting Saturday and going Sunday)
  • We'll see what people want to do, but I might be hosting an Irving write-in at my apartment Sunday
and then it starts all over again.....

2 thoughts:

Joan Myssenden said...

Hurray! Whether you met your own goal or not, you won NaNo.

Also, you suck. I'm still at about 16k total, and I think my story might run short. If it doesn't, it will wrap up at 50k just about exactly. Maybe I'll write sequels...

Cid said...

Awwee - it's so funny - people in my region keep asking me for advice and what's worked for me in past NaNos, and then I have to tell them the horrible news...this is my first NaNo...

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List