P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Don't Poke The Dragon

I have realized something very important about the affect NaNo has on me; it removes all patience for idiocy.  Idiots who would normally not even phase me have me wanting to throw rocks at their windshields, blocking their numbers or unfriending them on silly sites.  Maybe it's just a way to beg back for my attention which has been diverted into something so selfish as writing for my own enjoyment, but my patience is limited to - well - nothing.  I know this possibly makes me sound like a terrible person, and I should be better, yes, but I'm also human and being a righteous jerk to me is uncalled for; that of course does not justify any actions I take that are unnecessary.  This is another reason I have holed up so much the last two weeks.  I'm really getting tired of people who are my friends in one regard or another mocking something I do that's not what they enjoy.  I guess this is just a huge mess of bad timing and so forth, and a little of the adage, "Do not poke the dragon for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."  I'm also in a perpetual hungry state because I've been forgetting or skipping meals.  Oopse!

It makes me think about a recent conversation I had with a friend.  We were discussing the affects of music on the listener and how listening to "Christian" music made us feel as opposed to listening to "secular" music.  It's very entertaining to think back on my own various views on this topic over my own history and I will say this up front: I do not think there is a right or wrong way to listen to music.  What I mean is that as  a Christian saying, 'Do not listen to any secular music!' is silly and foolish and ignorant.  There is a particular group that is not a Christian group, however they play some of the most encouraging, positive music out there - and even sing about positive figurative women.  I think I'm coming back to a point where I need to monitor myself more.  My fluctuating attitude could be an indicator of something else - or perhaps I'm just crazy and getting really annoyed with music with lyrics.  I've been listening to a lot of soundtracks, mostly because it helps with writing and that's what I've been doing a lot of lately. I'm sort of rambling on this topic since I have no succinct thought or point to make other than the affect of what you put in is curious as to what comes out.

Writing Excuses did a fun blog today about NaNoWriMo.  I found what they had to say fun and encouraging and realized that today, as I sit in the office completely by myself, I sort of wanted the sound of voices so I started playing a bunch of the old podcasts I have not worked my way through yet.  I have been at a point while looking at my NaNoWriMo novel and realizing I have yet to reach the end that it's very alarming how large it's growing.  I was listening to one of the podcasts when I had the idea that I really did want to beef up the beginning some and that it would be very interesting to cut the novel I am working on into two, maybe three bits, making each their own stand alone 'novel'.  This would let me explore two characters that didn't get much feature, and to really build things up and perhaps set the second bit up better.  Again these are just ideas, and I will finish what I've started before I go back with a pair of scissors and white out and a red pen.  Partially I say this because should I want to submit it, in it's current length it's far too long I think.

I'm dragging today, and badly.  I'm not regretting my choice to go and see Boondock Saints II AGAIN last night - yes, I went to go see it AGAIN!!!!  I spent the better half of yesterday with my friend that just got back from a cruise catching up and hanging out.  We watched the first one and even though she was on some rather uncomfortable medicine prepping her for surgery today, we went to go see it.  It was just as good, if not better, the second time around.  Dear Lord I like that movie!!  I did not get to bed before about 1am, wrote half of what I should have, but I don't regret it.  Those are the times you can never replace.  :) 

Today is Monday, there is officially one more week left of NaNoWriMo and hopefully soon I will get my peptalk from Robin McKinley.  I very much want this peptalk!!  I am waiting, opening my email excitedly each time....and as of yet have to find one.... I have Eddy Izzard playing to keep me company because I'm in the office alone, still, because as of yet nothing has changed since earlier.  I think that I need to stop rambling...

0 thoughts:

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List