P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Writing Woes

So I'm trying some different ways of keeping track how much I write a day.  I'm not really sure what would work best.  I had a great widget during NaNo that measured my daily average, but I don't know what I could do now in place of that.  I'm avoiding using excel.  I have Chaos Manager and I'm trying out just inputting a daily activity that records how much I write but I get annoyed with the reminder.  If you have a suggestion - let me know!  Today I wrote about 700 words on a prompt, that I need to finish the little story and then I believe I'll be over the 1K challenge for a day number!!!

The crafty afternoon/night is catching on!  There are several people who are interested and I'm really excited.  I also want to go buy more yarn in case...well...I don't know in what case but I want more on hand!  LoL.

So I'm really struggling with rewriting Premonition.  I've forgotten some small details, things have grown fuzzy and I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be better if I put Premonition aside and revised Suspicion.  It might give me better ideas for a more finished product on the second book.  I'm very torn here.  On one hand I just want it finished but on the other I'm trying to think about the most logical, and best use of my time.  It's either that or I need to go back and reread stuff to see what I might have forgotten.  Bah - so frustrating! Why couldn't I finish it in December like I'd planned?  I'm going to give it a go today and see how I do on plotting out the novel tonight and I might just start rewriting that opening scene.

It's cold.  It's really cold today.  I cranked up my heater last night and sort of over-did it, but I wasn't cold!  I even managed to crawl out of bed this morning and do a 20 minute exercise. I'm telling myself I'll do one tonight after I do some lazy news watching and plotting.  *sigh*  I'm going to save my eloquence for my writing  :P 

4 thoughts:

Alice McElwee said...

If you go on a yarn crawl, please keep me in mind. There's a lovely yarn shop called Yarn Heaven located in Arlington about three blocks away from my apartment. Plus there's a JoAnn's and Michael's near by too.

Also..I really admire that you're able to get up early in the morning and squeeze in a work out. I keep telling myself that today is the day I start running/working out...but I have yet to actually do it.

You'd think getting married in March would motivate me, but it really hasn't.

I'm really looking forward to the craft night too. I don't have many friends, so it'll be nice to get to make some more and actually be around other people (I'm such a hermit), plus the two people I used to knit regularly with have moved away, and I really miss knitting with other people - it helps to get stuff done.

:)

Cid said...

Ooooh, I haven't heard of that place! See, I go to places and get yarn but not always sure if it's really good stuff - if that makes any sense....LoL!!

Getting up is definatly a challenge every single day. I'm starting to kick my friends out of my apartment at 9pm or leaving stuff at 9pm so I'm in bed so I can get up and struggle to work-out @__@

I'm really excited about the crafty night. Most of the people are from NaNo and I'm always surprised by the number of friends I've gotten from that! I'm just excited about having people around who like to be crafty and stuff. It's super exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

pretty new background :)

I just keep track of my writing on a blog post. I have an entry saved where I can go back and just add whatever I've written to the list and keep track that way. It's probably not the most efficient, but it works for me.

I'm excited about the craft night :D I need to be more social!

Cid said...

So maybe should we three get together since you two are in Arlington and go to the yarn shop sometime over the next two weeks?

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List