P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Gamer


Finally got to see Gamer tonight. Okay, I knew when I saw the concept of it that it wasn't going to be a good movie.  That would be too much to ask.  But it has Michael Hall in it - who I adore from the tv show Dexter.  Also, the lead is Gerard Butler who is generally fun to watch and has a history of good performances or movies - okay, some of them have sucked but 'eh.  John Leguizamo is also in it, for a while; he has a place in my heart.  He was the lead in a movie called The Pest that my friends and I watched a lot in junior high.

But the movie...oh my.  It's rated R for a reason.  There is graphic violence and nudity; the first I was expecting, the second I was hoping to avoid and get just a good action movie - but at least it's not like the useless Crank movies which I got conned into watching. 

The characters were pretty good, though Michael Hall's character, Castle, I didn't find 100% solid.  He came across as a deep southern good 'ol boy - who somehow creates this digital empire.  Gerard Butler's character, Kable, was more believeable though I don't think the reveal as far as the main motivation to his plot and character was well done.

The setting - eh - didn't require much.

The plot.  Okay.  It's an action movie - so it's pointless to warn you about the obvious violence, right?  I hope so.  You do get interested in the whole idea that a person can control another real person.  I thought that the whole, have so many battles and win your freedom, thing, was too a la Death Race for my taste.  I know I didn't care for the whole sexual aspect of controlling a person, but I understand the implications it raises for the plot.

The whole musical number was a bit much I believe.  It was interesting but - weird.  I could say more but I need to go to bed....

0 thoughts:

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List