P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

End of January 2010 Goals Check-In

It's like... January 19th and I'm already evaluating what I've done with this month! I'm crazy sometimes - have I mentioned that?  I believe to this list I've added the 52 blogs in a year, the write 1K a day, and the read 50 books in a year challenges. LOL!

And now it's the 31st and I have to edit what I'd updated already, LoL!  I'm happy with how I've done on a lot of these; I'm really making some progress in some areas and I'm thrilled.  Lets see if February does better!!!!


Random Goals

Eat more fresh produce - Eating a lot of apples!  Occasionally some berries, but mostly apples.

Do something daily - The Wii helps this, but I need to be more dedicated about it.  I've gotten far more regular about this later in the month and supposedly in the last week have lost almost a full pound.  Not sure I believe that.

Go to a parade - Not yet.

Get a family photograph - Hmmm, I didn't even think about this.

Organize and cull closet - Ug. I really want to do this. I think I'll pick a weekend in the spring and do it then as my 'Spring Cleaning'.

Spiritual Goals

Stay faithful to one church for a year, volunteering in some capacity - I stopped volunteering at the cafe; it was just too much.  Still helping with the youth group tho!

Do a devotional book either solo or with someone or a group - I think I'll be doing this in the summer.


Music Goals

Go to more concerts -  Um, didn't in January.


Listen to more Christian music - I think I forgot about this one....

Find new groups - Didn't even think to look....

Writing Goals


2010 NaNoWriMo - Wrong month... I think I know what my story will be about!!!

Finish Premonition - I have a lot of new ideas for it!

Edit Suspicion - I started this monster and at first, as I have chronicled, it was a nightmare and threatened to capsize the whole project, but after a good, long conversation with my friend Chris and some revising and eventual rewriting this is well under way.

Edit Premonition -Yeah, not there yet.

Research for another project - I'm making plans for this.

Outline for my Graphic Novel idea - Haven't yet, though I get ideas for this periodically that get written down.

Outline for Love Unexpected - Um, haven't worked on this, but I have done some research.

Write something I believe in - I wrote a kids story! And I have some ideas for something I'd like to work on to fit this.


Complete another draft of a story - any of my ideas or something else - I gotta finish this one first!

Write 52 blogs in a year - I think this very blog is proof I'm under way. I'll probably write many more than just 52, but I want to support the cause!

Write 1.K a day - I wanted to write 1K a day that was not rp related or blog related but realized I couldn't do that every day.  I have started to keep a daily account of what I write and where.  The numbers are very interesting and tell a lot about where I spend my time.  I might share this next month.

Reading Goals

Read at least two writing books - I'm working through Gail Carson Levine's Writing Magic and loving it! I bought Becky Levine's book, The Critique Group Survival Guide!

Read all the Robin McKinley books - So far I've read The Hero and the Crown as well as The Blue Sword and Chalice.  I have several others on my shelf to get through.


Read something in a genre I'm not accustomed to reading - I'm reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo now.  It's not in the general genre I read normally.  I am - however - liking it, not sure if I'll read the books that come after it.

Act on more book suggestions; at least four - I have several written down, but I haven't bought any of them - yet.

Read 50 books in a year - to date I've read 9, well, I don't know that I count Recorded Attacks, so 8.

Crafty Goals


Learn three new knitting things - Um, yeah, I should work on this.....

Have a successful patio garden - I think I'm already behind on the planning for this one!

Make Presents - Started strong! Made Courtney a birthday scarf!! Made a card, and working on another.

Money Related Goals

Pay off Express Credit Card - By the end of February, baby!!!!


Pay off Khols Credit Card - My sights are set on this one!!!

4 thoughts:

Becky Levine said...

Hey--Thanks for the mention of (and purchase!) of my book--hope you like it! :)

Alice McElwee said...

If you can help me keep focused/motivated with my writing goals, I can help you with your knitting/crafty goals!

Cid said...

@ Becky - Oh yes! I went to BnN Saturday to do revising and found it and kept leaving what I was doing to go, Hmmm - I wonder if she talks about THIS in here..... *searchsearchgetdistractedandread* oooooopse, supposed to be doing something!!!!

@ Alice YESYESYES!!!!!!!!

Allyson said...

Love the ongoing list of goals! It's so nice to be able to revisit a list like this to see what you've done and still need to do. I need to be better at this for myself!

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List