P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Chalice by Robin McKinley


I didn't even mean to start this book today.  I tossed it in my bag thinking - might as well keep a book with me! I actually did the reading during a few minutes during lunch and before and after church.  It's a very engaging story, and the difference between McKinley's writing int he 80's - like when The Hero and the Crown and The Blue Sword were written I believe, and her later work; I think Chalice came out between '05 and '08.  Again a story about a girl who does something about what's going on around her.  I sort of didn't much care for the MMC because he just sort of let her do all the work.  Now I know he did what he could but 'eh.  The story is engaging and fun and you really feel and want to know how everything happens and you feel for the characters and the land.  I really liked it, read it in a few hours and really, really, really liked it.

2 thoughts:

Joan Myssenden said...

If you're on a Robin McKinley kick, you should really check out Sunshine, too. I love that book. And I'll probably track down a copy of Chalice.

Cid said...

It's one of my goals this year to go through all of the McKinley books because I have yet to read all of them! I haven't been able to find a physical copy of Sunshine, but I've heard some great things about it. The plot in Chalice is fun, but occasionally I want to stick my finger in a hole and ask, "Why's this here???" Regardless, super fun read on a REALLY stressful day. I'll probably have to break down and order the rest of the McKinley books *sigh*

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List