P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Getting Ready to Get Crafty

Okay, so I'm hosting a crafty day on Sunday at my place and this weekend is going to be spent cleaning, making cake-pops, revising The Barking Dog and doing things with yarn.  I'm excited!  Yes, it's really domesticated like, but oh well!  Was mildly frusterated to not find the candy melt I needed at the other Wal-Mart, but I found GREEN candy melt! I found that entertaining and might play with it a bit...  Also bought some more sprinkle options which are more Easter like in the colors but it's all about variety!!!



And then.... I found yarn.  I know I should start buying really quality yarns - but I'm still learning a lot so I don't think buying expensive stuff is justified - yet.



Okay! Time to get a little more cleaning and reading done before crashing!!!!!

2 thoughts:

Joan Myssenden said...

If you only knew the proportion of acrylic to everything else in my stash...

Seriously, I know I posted about knitting blanket squares out of all my acrylic, but I really, really like Simply Soft yarn, too. It is good yarn for stuffed things and for accessories that you don't have a particular need for warmth in.

So, yeah. I still buy my fair share of acrylic, too. And I've been doing this for... seventeen years? If you count from when I first learned.

Cid said...

LOL! Yeah, I have some stuff that was Caron recycled knit somethingorother and it's so super, super soft and I really like it. And hey - this is Texas - we don't always need things to be so extremely warm :P I think I'm learning how to knit headbands today. I'm rather excited ^__^

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List