P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Reporting from The Couch: Adventures in the Hospital! - Part 3

It's 9pm and I just sat down on my couch with my last cupcake and a Dr Pepper.  I'm so exhausted I'm too tired to sleep.  In the last nine hours our plans changed completely.  Originally I was going to go home after we grabbed lunch but then we decided after hearing that since the tests were all coming back either 100% positive or inconclusive they are most likely going to be sending him home tomorrow - that there was no reason whatsoever for me to stay the night at the hospital.

While on one hand I want to be there for my dad, I also know I won't sleep at the hospital. I've had maybe an hours total sleep in the last 24 hours, most of which was done in 10-15 minute spurts when I nodded off in some superly uncomfortable position.

We were finally moved to what I call the taxidermy level, but I think it's actually called taxonomy. I don't know what that means, but it's a Level 2 - and the lower level you are the closer to getting home you become, so this is great!  We've been able to bring in pie and soup from non-hospital places for him and he's drank some Dr Pepper and was asking for a snickers.  He's even up and moving around and they cleared him to be mobile without supervision so he can get up and sit in the super comfy recliner and shower and stuff like that.  This is all really GOOD!

Everyone is exhausted, so I left a bit ago to come home and shower and sleep.  So what am I doing here? This doesn't look like sleeping to me!

2 thoughts:

Suzan Isik said...

Yay! I'm so glad he's doing better!

Joan Myssenden said...

Geez! You had an exciting weekend. I'm glad it sounds like your dad is doing better, though.

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List