P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

The Friday Night Knitting Club

So I didn't get to go to last month's book club because it was at a bad time with everything happening recently so I opted to not go - thus I was at the mercy of everyone else for choosing our new book. I was sort of dreading it - to be very honest. We've read some books I wasn't too interested in, and I'm guilty of chosing one of those books! When I heard the title I groaned and rolled my eyes as the text scrawled across the screen of my phone and thought to myself: Great! Another boring book I'll probably not read and feel guilty about.... But I did get it and I did read it. Also, it might be worth noting - I'm an aspiring knitter. I can make a mean scarf, and that's about it. However, The Friday Night Knitting Club isn't about knitting at all, it doesn't even take central focus of the book. Sure everything happens around yarn usually, but it's not the main focus at all. The real focus of the book is the cast of inter-woven characters who enrich eachother's lives with their trials, their accidents, their lives and their messyness. I think it's a great book, and I found myself crying at the end with their trumphs and tragedy. I don't really like books written in real life situations; I think I have enough life happening around me that when I read I want an escape - but I really identified and liked the characters and story Kate Jacobs created in her book.

In other news, I found a knit shop around downtown Dallas I want to pop into once money sort of loosens up and I can afford to drop a few dollars on some yarn and see if they don't have a sit-in session I can do and get some tips. I just need to learn the lingo and understand what's going on and I think I'll be a good knitter!

0 thoughts:

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List