P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

not a particularly driven morning

My brother came to visit me yesterday.

Maybe that doesn't sound strange to you, but up until a week ago he was living in Florida.  I knew he was going to be back in Texas - but in Longview, now exactly a distance to just drop by for a chat.  We sat around for like two hours chatting and laughing and talking.  It was really nice, especially after NaNo.  We did talk some shop on books and writing but he's a casual reader only so it was more be gabbing and then moving on to other topics.  It was really cool, and it was nice to not feel harried during a conversation because I need to get back to writing like - RIGHT NOW!

I have yet to make it back to the kitchen to start post-NaNo cooking, but that has more to do with my own laziness than anything else.  I have two awesome steaks thawing right now that will be fantastic when I cook them on Friday, or maybe tonight if we don't do our #writersdatenight celebration meet up.

Sometime this weekend I want to get back on the knitting train.  I need to make one book cozy for a word war winner in Atlanta and then do some work on a scarf I've promised a friend of mine come January for her birthday.  I also want to knit this awesome ereader cozy I found on the Lion's Brand Yarn site.  It calls for crocheted button holes.  I'm hoping I can either ignore that part or hand that bit off to one of my crocheting friends to finish for me.

Last night I did manage to get cleaning done in the apartment.  All my furniture is back where it belongs, but there's still stuff where it doesn't belong and I really need to take out the trash and do this last load of Thanksgiving dishes.  All in all, things are coming together, so it's nice.

At some point I'm going to get down and dirty with the Christmas shopping.  Maybe this weekend I'll head up to Kohls or something and start in seriously.  Or maybe not.  I'm not particularly driven this morning - and now it's time to go to work!

0 thoughts:

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List