P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Fatty Journal: Day 1

First off, if me referring to this as my 'Fatty Journal' offends you, I apologize.  I don't mean to be offensive, but it helps me to handle difficult things by making light of them.  Thus, why this is my Fatty Journey.

This morning began with a well intentioned 6am alarm to get myself up and exercising for a bit before the day really began.  I failed.  Miserably.  I pressed snooze for an hour at least and then had to scramble to get ready and count out my calories.  Today I made the effort to dress 'cute'.  I've been feeling far from cute lately and I decided that I need to put the effort out there to dress up my appearance.  If I dress like I want to feel, it will make a difference, right?

So calorie counting.  I had a heartbreaking realization when I was figuring out my calorie/fat allowance.  My favorite winter breakfast item, the sausage biscuit, is way over my calorie/fat daily intake allowance.  By like, a lot!  I had a few moments to lament the loss.  Maybe on the weekends I'll do a little splurge and treat myself to one, but as a daily thing I have to drop it.  And then I had to juggle my lunch because based on my mealtime fat allowance I was over.  It was an easy fix; drop back to one piece of cheese from two, but it took actually looking at it.  Counting calories and fat grams, this is work.  This is going to be tough, but hopefully keeping myself accountable by blogging will help me remember to keep track.

Dr Pepper is one of my big weaknesses.  I'm going to try to cut back; I know that I can't quit drinking them, at least not cold turkey and I don't really want to.  Moderation is the key I think.  Maybe I'll try to relegate Dr Pepper to special reward status or something instead of a lunch time staple.

I'm updating this blog through the day.  Mostly it gives me a place to vent and worry and whine.  Like right now - for the last fifteen minutes I've been trying to figure out if I'm hungry, or if I just want to be hungry.  Being hungry would give me an excuse to go raid the kitchen, but I don't really think I'm hungry.  At least I don't really need to eat anything.  I think I just want an excuse to get away from my desk.

FYI I lasted until all of 2pm without a Dr Pepper.  Also, building Christmas party was too tempting to pass up.  I got a little square thinggy of cake and retreated to my ivory tower office without any more damage done.

Dinner was hard.  I wasn't hungry in the slightest, so I picked up my stuff and ran with it.  We had a book signing to attend tonight (tons of fun, book-addicts.com update to come!) and dinner didn't happen until around 10pm at IHOP.  I resisted the call of pancakes in favor of a 'smart choices' grilled chicken sandwich.  Go me.

Calorie / Fat Journal
[1800 calories daily / 19 grams of fat per meal ]

Breakfast

  • maple brown sugar oatmeal - 160 calories - 2 grams of fat
  • vanilla creamer x 2 - 60 calories - 3 grams of fat
  • Total: 220 calories - 5 grams of fat
  • daily calories remaining: 1580
Lunch
  • sandwich
    • honey wheat bread - 140 calories - 1 gram of fat
    • muenster cheese - 80 calories - 6 grams of fat
    • thin shaved salami - 111 calories - 9 grams of fat
  • apple slices - 80 calories - 0 grams of fat
  • Total: 411 calories - 16 grams of fat
  • daily calories remaining: 1169
Snacks
  • Dr Pepper - 150 calories
  • Cake Square Thing - Assuming 100 calories
  • Izzy - 90 calories
  • daily calories remaining: 829 calories
Dinner
  • chicken sandwich, IHOP - 600 calories 
  • daily calories remaining:  229
Go me!

    1 thoughts:

    Unknown said...

    Hey, you can't be perfect from the get go. Have you ever heard of the Body Media armband? It tracks all daily activity, calories burned and taken in, and even monitors your sleep for total weight management. To top it off you can sync it to your laptop and smart phone for real time results - great for real time encouragement to keep you doing the right things throughout the day. Good luck!

    About Me

    My photo
    Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

    Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

    Flashlight Worthy Books
    our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
    at Flashlight Worthy Books
    add this widget to your blog
    1000words_150w

    My Blog List