P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

i'd tell myself it's because of the holidays but i know i'm always this busy

Seriously.  I'm pretty much always on the go.  How do I ever manage to get anything done?

It's been a full weekend, that it has been.

Friday things got derailed from our intended Dr Who and knitting marathon so instead I spent Friday night reading the brand new Dakota Cassidy book, You Dropped a Blonde on Me.  It's awesome because it's her humor and the story of someone learning how to deal with life after a crazy turn of events.  I know I don't understand the whole dynamic of divorce and being remarried, but from the angle of just wanting an entertaining book - it delivers.

Saturday I told myself I was going to knock out a bunch of Christmas shopping.  I'm all done as far as my mom is concerned, but she's the easiest person to buy for, so that's not saying a whole lot.  I still need to buy my dad's presents for her, but he gave me a list and I'll work off of that.  I still need to buy for my grandmothers, sister, niece and my family pick person - who I don't know yet.  Great!  I have begun to buy at least one book for each family member and I've got that item knocked off, so that's the most important shopping all tied up and taken care of as far as I'm concerned.  I'll work on the rest later.

Saturday night was my cousin's wedding.  I haven't seen him or his family in close to six or eight years, and my mother whined about going until I almost let her off the hook, but we still went!  And I was really glad we went.  All of her brothers and sisters save for one attended.  They never get together any more.  And, my mom's stepmother was there.  There's a whole pile of family "stuff" in that situation I won't even touch, but it was a pleasant reunion to see her.  The wedding was small and intimate and a lot of fun.  They had a guitarist that did all requests, and did Glee like mash ups.  It was a fantastic time, and my mom was really glad I dragged her along.

Today I woke up way early; like 8am, which for me on a weekend is stinking early!  I did all kinds of responsible things; I started laundry, did the dishes, went grocery shopping and bought stuff for the Chin Children.  And then - I did revisions.  I'll be talking about that in a few days over at cidwrites, but today was a big day as far as going through the draft and making changes.

Tonight was my Uncle D's Christmas party.  He used to have a family get together every year for a while until he moved, but my family has stopped going.  This year, however, I got an invitation so it didn't matter if my stick in the mud parents (love you mom and dad!) weren't going, I was going!  I also dragged Suzan along and made her go make nice with my family.  There were the most amazing, squishy chocolate covered gingerbread cookies!  And I got to see some more family and chitchat with other people I don't really know that well.

All in all - a very productive, fun weekend.

This week is going to be more of the busy, busy, busy.  Tomorrow night I need to do more Christmas shopping, Tuesday night we're going to a Richelle Mead book signing, Wednesday I know I have something, Thursday is #writersdatenight and I might be free on Friday before the crazy starts all over again.  So - there 'ya go!  Lots happening.  Time for me to go to sleeeeeeep!!

0 thoughts:

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List