P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

shopping is an addiction now, right?

So this was the tax free weekend here in Texas.  As in, the one weekend where you're totally okay spending way too much money because that 5% or whatever sales tax usually is, isn't there!  While it was a little crazy dodging people and finding the right size, I was sad that there weren't more people out shopping.  I know the economy is on a slow crawl up hill, but I'd hoped that there would be more people out taking advantage of the weekend and showing that the economy isn't all that bad.

Oh well.  It didn't stop me from having a good time.

To get the day started off 'right' I got my hair done.  I'd been holding off so that it was right before the conference.  It's not that much different from how I had it cut last time, I just had blonde and some splashes of red added.  You'd think with how little hair I have that it wouldn't take that long to do, right?  Um, wrong.  I was in the stylists chair from 9am until about 2:30pm.  That's a lot of fussing over my hair!!  We did the blonde, and then decided there wasn't enough of it and did a second round of bleach foils.  The red didn't come out with as much of a *pop* as we'd hoped.  But all in all it looks really good.  And the stylist had a great time figuring out how to do a fauxhawk since I said she could.  Will I be sporting the fauxhawk?  Probably not very often, but it was a fun style.

That said, it was off for shopping with Suzan and The Monsters!  It was a lot of fun; we hit up Old Navy, the Mall and Kohls and did some serious money damage.  The boys were fun, and bless their hearts they put up with us an awful lot!  I got two complete outfits which I'll be sporting at the conference next weekend and a few other pieces that will be good for work.  I really like shopping....

And just to prove how hardcore of a shopper I can be, I shopped until my foot literally bled!  LoL, something got in my shoe and I have a little cut on the very bottom, on the inner part of the ball of my foot so I've been walking softly all day.

The rest of the week will be spent taking care of work stuff and prepping for the weekend.  I'm getting my nails done on Tuesday and will be stressing over choreography for dance class I still don't know all that well and convincing myself to do laundry - again - before we go.  :D

0 thoughts:

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List