P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

my love of lists

i think my teen years would have gone a lot better if i would have realized at that point in time my love of lists.  lists - as i discovered in college - are the best thing to motivate me.  take today for example, i got up, utterly listless (double note - the lack of capitalization. that would require far too much effort for today).  i would have been completely happy turning on movies and vegging all. day. long.  can i afford that kind of laziness?  no.  so last night i made a brainstorm list of the things i really should get done.  i got up today, looked my laziness in the face - and made The Uber List

for someone like me who is goal oriented, lists work like artificial motivation.  i want that sense of accomplishment crossing something off the list gives me.  do i feel like doing all that stuff? uh - no friggen way.  but i need to continue to catalog my books, figure out what i'm reading and what i have.  i need to clean my apartment.  i need to realize that i need to not buy any yarn until i've used what i currently own.

but yes, i use my tumblr account strictly for my love of lists.  i make them every day, and sometimes several a day.  that's one reason why i went digital; i used to write everything down on scraps of paper, and then they would get lost or i would forget to throw them away and i would have a ball of paper in the washing machine.  the tumblr website is awesome because i can get it to work on my cell phone.  great for shopping lists!  they are the secret behind much of my success.  there.  now you know.

0 thoughts:

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List