P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Girl Talk Thursday: Home Projects



I live in a one bedroom apartment so there's not a whole lot I can do as far as remodeling or renovating.  I do, however, like to be crafty and creative about my space.  I'm nowhere near as imaginative about my current apartment, which is kind of a bummer.  The issue is that my living room space is taken up by overstuffed, large, leather furniture.  I adore my leather couches, got them off of Craigs List for like $150 for both of them.  They're great!  But, they fill everything up to the point that I don't have space for a desk.  My second problem with my living room: no light.  Seriously.  There is no lighting besides an accent light above the entertainment set.  Ikea was my savior here.  I took two lampshades and bought two hanging light fixtures and created my own ambient lighting.  It works and it's bright and solves all my problems!

I'm currently struggling for desk space and trying to figure out a solution to my problems.  My grandmother bought me a rolling desk from WalMart for Christmas, something I could sit in say, a normal table chair and use - except I don't have any normal chairs.  I have two couches and then pub type chairs for my pub style dining room set.  The table's turned into a roving side table.  I'd really like to be able to figure out something that maybe.  There's one option I found at Ikea that looks interesting.  It's a wall unit that supports the laptop and provides some cubby space, but I question how well it would hold up on drywall in an apartment. 

Other than that, I'm really happy with my living space, considering I live in an apartment and can't change anything really!  LoL.

2 thoughts:

Chibi said...

The shelf-unit would likely be okay provided a) you attached it to the studs (NOT the drywall - that's a disaster waiting to happen) and b) didn't overload it with a bunch of stuff in the cubbies. It's kinda cool looking!

Claudia said...

I really like that "desk" idea as well if you're living in tight quarters. There's something very satisfying about being able to shut everything away at the end of the day.

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List