P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

End of April 2010 Goals Check-In

April sort of went by in a blur.  There was me being sick.  Like uber sick.  And then there was the conference.  And then there was exhaustion.  And then there was dad's stroke.  And then there was more sleepy exhaustion.  I can't believe it's gone already!  But it is. And now it's May.

Random Goals

Eat more fresh produce - Failed. Totally and holistically failing this goal.

Do something daily - I have a plan in mind for a time very soon when this will happen. But for now I need to scrape together some money.

Go to a parade - I need to just pick one out and GO.

Get a family photograph - I should do this soon. My dad's stroke sort of sits badly on me right now.  A nice picture of us together would be nice.

Organize and cull closet - It's half done! And half sitting around in piles on my floor.

Spiritual Goals

I'm failing spiritually.  Well, as far as tangible things I can point at and identify.  Inwardly and personally I'm still me, still doing fine, but I'm not going to church and I'm not doing anything.  I'm not happy about this.


Music Goals

Ya know, maybe people just change, because while I still love music, I just don't know that I can be avid about everything in my life. 

Writing Goals

I think the goals I outlined for myself were short sighted.  In the month of April I submitted to two different presses, two different short projects.  That's exciting and nervous and has me obsessively checking my email.  I'm excelling in this area to the detriment of all other areas, but you know what? I'm happy.

Reading Goals

Read at least two writing books - Read one! Should finish another.

Read all the Robin McKinley books - I'll probably finish her books in the next two months..... So long as I stop picking up stuff....


Read something in a genre I'm not accustomed to reading - I've read horror, romance and thriller. I think I can cross this off!

Act on more book suggestions; at least four - I read all SEVEN Darkyn books on suggestion.  I'm sure there are other things on my shelves that were suggestions, but it's still sort of early today and I'm TIRED.


Crafty Goals


Learn three new knitting things - I have learned a lot knitting this year, thanks to the amazing Alice who answers all my crafty questions!

Have a successful patio garden - It was growing! And then it died.

Make Presents. - Working on it!

Money Related Goals

Pay off Khols Credit Card - This should be done in a few more months. Super excited!!!

2 thoughts:

pamela said...

what are your music goals?

i can introduce you to some good music!

ooooh and concert coming up in June!

Cid said...

Um, mostly things like refining my music. I have very different tastes; while I like a lot of stuff, there's a small sliver of stuff I'm looking for. :-/ yeah, that's nice and vague.

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List