P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

counting my pocket change

I've decided I want an iPad.  Like seriously want.  I mean, yeah having one because they're just cool and the newest thing would be cool - but it's more than that.  Yeah, Apple comes along and decides, 'Oh we'll do this!' and single handedly changes an entire industry.  Think about the iPod.  Yeah there were MP3 players and other similar devices but nothing quite like the iPad with it's buying power, the iTunes, all of it.

Now, lets think about the iPad.  I've been on the fence about eReaders.  Why?  because of my iPod.  Don't get me wrong! My iPod is fantastic!  My problem is with me and how I've changed my music tastes since changing over to digital music.  I no longer flip through my music asking myself, 'What do I want to listen to?'  I scroll to the play list or I pick out what comes to mind and I listen to that.  I miss new albums.  I forget stuff is on my iPod and just don't listen to it.  I've gotten lazy about finding new music, etc.  What would happen with books?  Would I buy them and forget to read them because they don't populate my to-read shelf?  There's whole lines of eBooks that don't even enter print I'd like to be able to read.  It would be nice to not have to haul books around with me all the time.  It would also be awesome to have everything I want or need all on one device; books, writing, internet, twitter, email - all of it!

With all of this said - I was still on the fence.  Until the other day when I realized that Marvel comics have put out an app so that you can actually read their comics on the iPad.  My biggest gripe about eReaders was the lack of color; if I buy an eReader I want to be able to do all prints on it.  Comics are interesting to me and I think I would buy them if it wasn't such a hassle to simply buy them.  I've also listened to several comic-adict friends talk about how the comic companies will NEVER digitize! ....oh hey lookie what Marvel's gone and done! It sort of solidifies it for me; I want an iPad.

Of course I now have to save up the like.... $800 it'll take to buy it.

1 thoughts:

pamela said...

I'm saving up for my DSLR :)

we can keep each other in check LOL

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List