P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Girl Talk Thursday: Dumb things you’ve done



Oh man.... We're just going to go into list fashion for this one....
  • Allowing a possibly high person to tattoo me.  This was later remedied and the tattoo looks awesome.
  • Getting industrial barbells put in both ears - on the same night.
  • Having half of my arm tattooed in one sitting.
  • Going bowling the next day.
  • Having a serious injury at a concert where I was rendered unconscious, woke up on stage being cradled by the lead singer - and still did not go to the hospital.  Hey, we were roadies (not groupies!) for the tour.  I wasn't going to miss that!
  • Being a Spice Girl for Halloween.
  • Watched my boyfriend light himself on fire in a tent.
  • Put the ceramic pot of the crockpot on a hot burner.
  • Played roller derby with a broken hand.
  • Attempted to write 150,000 words in a month.
  • Gone two weeks without showering - while camping.
  • Assumed friend 1 knew friend A liked them - and then proceeded to tell 1 all about everything A ever said - only to them realize this was all news to 1.
  • Got ran off the road by a bus, popping two tires and bending two rims.
  • Stood up in front of a crowd of 50+ IT Professionals and proceed to speak - without any preparation or notes.  It was a disaster.
  • Started reading a book at 11pm - finished at 3am - and was at work by 8am.
  • Allowed friend-of-friend on IM to assume I was a drag queen.
  • Let high school friend make people think I was in a car wreck - fooled even the theater teacher.  I got called to the counselors office.
  • Went camping in a gully.  Tent flooded by water up to my knees.
  • One winter I went snowbladding (think mini skis) , in a two piece bathing suit.
  • Allowed my 18 year old boyfriend to think I was older than 13.
  • Went hitchhiking in Thailand.
  • Accosted a man in Russia and made him take me to a spot on the map.
  • Crewed a three day bicycle race for my mom, where I had to grease her shorts.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not telling you.
  • Blew a snot bubble while crying on the shoulder of Mr Hottness.  He laughed. We're friends.  Just friends.
  • Ran through the sprinklers in 30 degree weather.
  • Sent a text message about a guy, to the guy.
  • Assuming what person A said about person B was true, and then trying to have a conversation about what person 1 did with person B - only to find out person B lied to person A and person 1 never did any of the things with person B.
  • Sharing a hotel room with four other people and leaving them the room keys and going out to get tipsy.
  • Sending a co-worker the first draft of a chapter instead of the work report.  She said she liked the story.
And I'm sure there are many more dumb things I've done - which were good and funny at the time....

    4 thoughts:

    Colleen said...

    I think I lead a very boring life compared to you!

    Cid said...

    LOL - That's probably a good thing! I've already thought of more things I should have added...

    Driving for two days straight and attending a Bridezilla wedding.

    Agreeing two weeks to a wedding to be IN the wedding.

    Man, maybe I should just edit and add more....

    Joan Myssenden said...

    I was there for some of those, but quite a few were news to me!

    Also, the industrial bars? That wasn't as bad an idea as it could have been, since you had a couple of us there with you to drive if needed. Which was probably a good thing, since I'd never seen anyone actually turn green, either before or since.

    Cid said...

    LoL - hey, you have to admit, sometimes I was smart about my dumb choices. Like conning people to drive for the first experiences of piercings and tattoos, lol

    About Me

    My photo
    Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

    Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

    Flashlight Worthy Books
    our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
    at Flashlight Worthy Books
    add this widget to your blog
    1000words_150w

    My Blog List