P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

Touch of Evil by C.T. Adams and Cathy Clamp

 Okay, so I don't care for romance books, however I read the synopsis for Touch of Evil before I really got the idea it was a romance book.  I was already kicking myself for wanting to read it because it's a vampire - werewolf - psychic - adventure!  Oopse.  I still wanted to read it so I figured I'd go ahead and read it.  I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't a whole lot of blatant "romance" typical stuff going on.  The book was much more plot driven than I'd thought to give it credit for.

The setting was simple - and believable.  Denver, Colorado.  Now I don't know Denver very well so I can't really complain about anything, but the few things I was familiar with were right in the book so thumbs up there!

The characters were diverse and interesting, but at a few places I didn't quite believe their actions.  Now, I can excuse it by saying that in the circumstances the characters were in were definatly not normal and some odd behavior would be excusable so I can live with those inconsistencies that seemed off to me.  Don't get me wrong, I really liked many of the characters.

The plot surprised me.  I had high hopes when I read the excerpt on the Macmillian site but when I went to look for it and found it in the romance section my expectations plummeted.  I really wasn't expecting half of what I got!  Once you got to the end you can see that the plot is fairly simple, but like in real life things don't usually seem simple from the inside of things.  I really liked how the authors set up several aspects of the vampire element and how they played out. 

The ending is left completely open for a sequel, which I expect is forthcoming, but I don't know that I'll read it.  I don't really like romance books because I keep rolling my eyes and laughing at stuff.  However, I would expect books coming after this one to have a lot of action and steam since this one sets it up to follow in those tracks.  Yeah.

0 thoughts:

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List