P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

the life, post-novel

Sunday I finished a first draft of a novel I started last month.  It was a very exciting moment, but I knew I was going to finish it during the weekend.  Heck, I'd planned it that way - because I need two weeks to get ready for NaNoWriMo - and clean my apartment!

So what does life look like post-novel?  Messy.  I'm starting a cleaning schedule.  First everything will be tidied up, mostly put into place so my apartment is presentable - and then I start the deep clean.  I'm going to try to borrow or rent a carpet cleaner I think, and a vaccume - or maybe just buy a new one.  My mom visted me this last weekend and remarked about how dirty my apartment is.  It irked me because it was a little messy around the edges but for the most part it was clean!

I think I got the cleaning bug from my mom - but only after I moved away.  Before I did everything possible to not clean, but now all I want is for everything to have a place and a spot.

Oh my, I'm becoming my mother....

2 thoughts:

Alice McElwee said...

...I have a carpet cleaner if you want to borrow it. It's pretty easy to use, too. I also have a vacuum, but I can only transport one at a time -- they won't both fit in my car, I don't think..

Cid said...

Huh... this is tempting. I have no idea how to use it but it can't be that hard, right?

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List