P e r s o n a l B l o g/T w i t t e r . : : . W r i t i n g B l o g/T w i t t e r

holidays are here!

Okay, so hate me if you wanna, but the holiday season has infected me.  For me the holidays start with Halloween - because you get to dress up and it's super fun, and it means that it's time to start NaNoWriMo.  If you don't do NaNoWriMo November is all about Turkey - but if you do NaNoWriMo it's a big deal.  It consumes a large part of your life and is like a license to be certifiably crazy and indulge your creative side.  Of course there's Thanksgiving, my dad's birthday, my birthday, Christmas and New Years.  Yeah, this is kinda a big part of the year where lots of exciting things happen.

I went to Kohls to buy my dad's birthday present on Wednesday and they already have Christmas music playing, trees and decorations everywhere - it's like a big dose of Holiday Spirit.  This morning I wanted to start playing Christmas music but I didn't because I didn't want to get out of bed.  Yeah.

This is going to be a crazy two months, because in addition to all of the above, my dad is having surgery and I'm an ML and all the rest of it that come with it.  Anyways, that's it.  I'm busy writing and doing stuff, so there.

2 thoughts:

Alice McElwee said...

After New Years, it's my birthday. I think you should include that in your list of holidays too.

As for the Christmas spirit, I won't feel that until after I eat turkey on Thanksgiving. ;) Christmas season does not begin until Santa ends the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. :P (this is what my grandpa taught me -- we used to watch it every year when I was little)

...I wonder how many Christmas gifts I can knit between Dec 1 and Dec 20? We may need some heavy crafty days...

Cid said...

well, christmas spirit is different to me than holiday season. holiday season is this crazy string of eventaftereventafterevent, but christmas spirit is a bit more special, mostly because i get caught up in giving people gifts because i want to surprise them. :)

and yes, i'm all for a lot of knitting days!!!!!!

About Me

My photo
Grew up traveling to rodeos with my parents. I've gone across the world thanks to my gypsie feet. I feel sometimes like I've done everything & nothing. I've played roller derby, traveled parts of the world, have four degrees. I've done some things most people will never do in their lives & still I want to do more. I want to work with orphans & teenagers again. I'm a Christian. I have a lot of tattoos. I like art therefore I want to be art. I love people. I started writing years ago when I was a kid. I think at the time it was an outlet for me; I found escape in my word & the worlds I created. Eventually I just started to like creating stuff & that's when I started sharing it with other people. Now I think I write every day. I want to do NaNoWrMo this year. I'm also learning how to knit. I think I'm on my way to being an eccentric old woman who runs around the world doing silly cazy things and knitting while she does them. Be on your guard I have knitting needles!

Flashlight Worthy Book Lists

Flashlight Worthy Books
our newest book liststhe best book lists can be found
at Flashlight Worthy Books
add this widget to your blog
1000words_150w

My Blog List